Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weigh In and Random Thoughts

So, I've lost one more pound, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it does mean that I do continue to lose. I'm about 12 pounds from my original goal, but I'm kind of thinking that I'll aim for five more pounds off beyond that. So... we'll see.

I'm pretty much ensconced on the Cape at this point and learning my way around eating and cooking and working out and being active here. More to come on that, so stay tuned, but last night, I made a delicious Asian-inspired whole wheat pasta with some leftover grilled tuna steak and scallion greens. Delicious. I made the sauce by whisking together soy sauce, lime juice, a little sesame oil, and some rice wine vinegar.

Random Thought: Did you hear about the guy losing 80 pounds by eating at McDonald's? He didn't eat Big Macs, of course, but he ate salads and small wraps that are available there. I'm pretty impressed, I must say. It also just goes to prove my point that restaurants can make low-calorie tasty food if they are committed to doing so. So, I never thought I would say this, but I'm sending a woohoo shout-out to the Golden Arches for heeding the call of doing their part to stop the increasingly bulging waistlines of Americans.

No comments: